Monday, 10 May 2010

Web Design

My website is now finished! And after all the stress I'm finally very happy with it (there's a link above.)
I started it months ago, and after doing a mock up design I practised using it with dreamweaver. I then made a final design in Photoshop and put it into dreamweaver. The first few times I put it onto the internet there were problems, like the text would stretch all the way down to the bottom of the page, or some text would be in the wrong place. I realised that this was because I had unwanted layers in my Photoshop designs, so I went back and sorted it out by changing the header names so that they were the same on each page. It worked fine after that. I used a hover method for my images as this is a very user-friendly method, you don't have to click to view anything. I made my thumbnails by cropping my images to 60x60 px. I changed the height of my main images to 20cm so that they all fit well into the page. I put the hover code into my code and changed it to show my images. Some of them have 12 thumbnails per page, some have less as I am still doing some of the work that I want on it. I'm really happy with how it's turned out! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment